Big skills emerging around here. Small skills emerging as well. Of course we celebrate them all. Today I report on the little ones... Tomorrow I will tell you about the BIG one!
To some people they are minor. But if you are constantly doing this task for 2 kids EVERYDAY. You will understand why they are big to us.
Dressing themselves! Olivia still needs some assistance with her shirts since they are a bit more form fitting. But she loves to pick out her clothes. Yesterday I asked her to go get an outfit for the day. I was surprised she brought down an entire outfit. Some may say the pinks don't match. Some may say you probably shouldn't wear a skirt with jogging pants. But I say it was a beautiful ensemble because she chose it.
And Owen has been making big strides in getting himself dressed. He is now able to do 90% of it on his own. Except a little help reminding him which way is front on his shirts and some pants and getting his socks on past his toes. He too picked out his outfit yesterday. I have no words for this description, except that this is my boy. A super hero in every way.
No comments:
Post a Comment