fall13 kids

fall13 kids

Sunday, March 27, 2011

Assortment of goodies ...

Dentist...
Friday was another visit to the dentist for Owen. We have made huge progress in the past 6 months. It used to take 2 of us to pin him down to get his teeth brushed. Now he welcomes the routine and even tries to brush on his own. His dentist could tell. His teeth look good. He still has quite a bit of grinding going on and it will be something we will have to keep an eye on with his baby teeth. I guess they wear down quite a bit easier than how his adult teeth will be. His "bruised" tooth is still in the leave it alone phase. Unfortunately it is pretty grey and it is his front tooth but if she says leave it be, that is just what we will do! Most times I edit it out of his pictures but left it in for the one below. It is also time to start trying to floss. I mentioned that to Jason and he had the same reaction I did, yeah right! We will give it a try though, he may surprise us!
The visit was a nightmare like they always are. I have to pin him in the chair. He shakes and cries and had broken blood vessels all around his eyes from all the screaming. He got a new batman toy after the visit because I felt so bad.


Fun Times....
Grandma and Grandpa are finally back from Florida so we spent Saturday with them. We headed to the community center for fun in the pool. Grandma had her hands full!


 They also have a fabulous climbing gym there. Which is WONDERFUL "homework" for Owen. It's been a while since he has been to one of these and he did fantastic. I can definately tell he has gotten stronger. See Olivia up in the balcony? She too had a great time with Grandma crawling around in there.



And if they couldn't have been any more spoiled, we took a trip to dairyqueen for some treats. Olivia in her true form had her own treat, ate some of Owens and then shared some of dads.
A new rule...
My little girl and her blankie have become quite attached. She wants it 24x7. She brings it everywhere. I would allow it if thumb sucking wouldn't have come with it. So it is time. Time to start laying down the law!
Blankie stays in your bed. We started a few weekends ago and she did great. Didn't fuss about it but did ask if she could carry around a different blanket. Which I let her since she didn't suck her thumb with that one! She wakes up and leaves it there but there are times where she sneaks off and this is what I find.

She tries to get away with it by being in her room. But I tell her it needs to stay in her bed. So this is what she does. Half in bed, half out.
I did buy the polish "hoof hands" as the next step. We will start that next weekend :)

4 comments:

  1. Those pictures are adorable! Hope the Hoof Hands works for you like it did for us! Katie too! It is an amazing product, and I'll have to track it down again when we're tired of looking at Lacey w/ her thumb in her mouth. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where did you buy the polish? Since Maria quit taking naps we are noticing a lot more thumb-sucking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post Krista. Our youngest is a thumb sucker too, she always has to have her bear at the same time. Thanks for the great tips, I am going to need them as Charlotte gets older :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is sold at Ulta. We will be trying it out this weekend. Crossing my fingers (or maybe thumbs) in hopes it works!

    ReplyDelete