fall13 kids

fall13 kids

Monday, August 9, 2010

Why be normal?

Why be normal? when you can be a Philben. That about sums up our weekend filled with Philben family. Always an interesting experience when everyone gets together. This group consists of my grandma and her kids, their kids, and their kids kids. 4 generations. And we try to gather as many as we can as often as possible. A little difficult when we are spread out into 5 different states but when it works out we love to be a part of it.

I believe we had 20 kids under the age of 9 there. I kinda lost count. They are all second cousins and this was the end of a hot day. Lots of kids were unhappy to be asked to stand together and a few actually refused. Owen refused but we plopped him in there anyway. Sorry hon!


A few other snapshots from the day...
(Yes, that is a couch on the back of a gator.)
 

Whats better than hanging out on the farm? Hanging out on a log on the farm.

Owen and Olivia LOVE this slide.

And a post without an Owen cuteness is hard to do. Owen loves hats. He likes to bring his cowboy hat with him wherever he goes. Well this time he thought grandma's hat looked better than his.
grandma can I try on your hat?
Well even if you say no, I am going to take it anyway.

Awesome fit. I think I will keep this one. Thanks grandma!

It was a wonderful time to get to see the cousins and aunts and uncles and to watch our kids play and become great friends. We are blessed to call them all family.
And I could not complete this post without a prayer request for my aunt Jana who is still battling a courageous fight with cancer. She unfortunately had to spend quite a bit of the weekend in the hospital so we were not able to spend as much time with her and my uncle Dan. We love you guys and are hopeful that things start to turn around for the better.

1 comment:

  1. love it!! thanks for the prayers...from you not so normal cousin.

    ReplyDelete