fall13 kids

fall13 kids

Monday, August 9, 2010

Veggie Tales

I really need to figure out how to can these things.....
Our garden adventure has gone really well. A little too well actually. But a good lesson to learn that we don't need so many of the plants and now we can add a few other varieties to the mix next year. We have had so many cucumbers we have lost count. But they make a tasty snack when you soak them in some vinegar and salt water solution. Olivia has even been loving them!
Now I just need to figure out how to can all of these tomatoes. I know they will be a great addition to Jason's famous football Sunday chili. If you have any tips for canning tomatoes, would love to hear them!

1 comment:

  1. Mrs Wages....the BEST little cheater tip I can give you when it comes to canning. She (or her company anyway) makes awesome liittle packets of seasonings, etc for canning. No need to chop up tiny bits of onion, garlic, peppers, and more. Check them out in the canning section of your grocery store. OH...and buy a canning funnel and a canning tongs. Took me about 5yrs to figure out how awesome those are!

    ReplyDelete