fall13 kids

fall13 kids

Sunday, August 29, 2010

fair time = fun time

We ventured to the fair on Friday with the kids. My dad also joined us so we met up at our usual park and ride place...the Roseville HS. Unfortunately by the time we got there the lot was full. We still saw some spots so we scooted around a barricade to make our way in. Sorry parking lot guards :)

I love this picture for a few reasons. Olivia clutching onto Jesse, Owen reaching into get something out of Grandpa's pocket and the biggest grin on Grandpa's face. Love it.

The kids did pretty well. We try to arrive early to avoid the craziness of the crowds and still get in to see a few things before nap times. We made our way through the miracle of birth center and spied one of the 4-H-rs holding onto one of the piggies so the kids got to "pet it". It was so cute to listen to Olivia talk to the animals, she gets a high pitched voice and says "hi piggie"

Of course since we were at the fair we got to hang out with Matt and Erin who were there working. We enjoyed walking around with them and tasting a few new foods (Mashed potatoes on a stick - yum). And of course the kids were very excited to see them. The rest of the day all I heard was "Where's Erin, Where's Matt?"

Owen having a little chat with a sheep. I told him he couldn't share his fish with him. I think Owen was telling him sorry at this point. Or he was telling him he knew a way out and he could break him free? Whatever it was, it was a pretty intense conversation!

One of the best parts of going to the fair is that the kids get to participate at the corn roast. Owen LOVES throwing the corn down the shoot. It is a really fun place to be. I have a feeling someday he will be working behind that counter handing you some corn!

Olivia wasn't as interested in helping with the corn but she sure loved being held by Erin and eating it! :)

We also attempted some rides. Olivia wasn't quite sure what to think about them but she didn't cry, I consider that a success. Owen as usual really enjoyed it. And only a few mild episodes when he had to exit the ride.

It really was a family day at the fair. We spotted uncle Nick sitting behind the bobcat booth. SURPRISE! Owen hopped behind the counter and was ready to start selling stuff. Instead he left with his very own bobcat (miniature), Thanks Nick!

The best part of the day. NO ACCIDENTS FOR OWEN!!!! He made it through the entire time at the fair, even used a public restroom (standing up). And thankfully the corn roast has a bathroom facility for us to use a few times.

2 comments:

  1. So, I really thought Olivia looked like Lisa, but these pictures I totally see you! Maybe you two look more alike than I realized!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job Owen!!! That's wonderful!

    ReplyDelete