fall13 kids

fall13 kids

Monday, May 2, 2011

House of Projects

After deciding we are staying put for a while aka. not moving. The list of projects is now starting to get dusted off. I also think we need to stop watching the DIY channel for motivation!

After painting every other room in this house (sometimes multiple times), it was time to finally get our master bedroom walls some attention. A light cream color paint for 3 walls and the main wall now the centerpiece with a woven wallpaper treatment. I wasn't quite sure how it would turn out but I love it. The room isn't back to normal yet so I don't have pictures yet. For now, you will have to use your imagination on what it looks like!

With spring here, it means the wonderful weeds and shrubs that didn't get cleaned up in fall needs some attending to. The weather around here has been completely uncooperative to work on things so half day of sun on Friday did the trick. Not completely done but maybe next weekend naptimes and sunshine will align.

One thing we have been wanting to do for a long time is to spruce up our kitchen and rid it of the laminate counters. We know kinda what we want. At least I do, it will just take some convincing for Jason to come on board with the color choices. Shopping for granite with 2 kiddos in tow = not a good idea. But they thankfully have some grandparents willing to spend a few hours playing so Jason and I can disagree with the selections at the 7 different showrooms in our area. The result is we don't have anything picked out or have any idea who to work with. But the idea is there and the money is set aside. Those are big steps!

To top off all the DIY projects we have going on, we also filed a claim with our insurance to fix our roof, siding, a window and deck staining due to all the inclement weather we had last year. Luckily we don't have to lift a single finger to get all that work done! But there are quite a few more items on the list we hope to tackle this summer. I just have no idea how any one gets anything done with little ones running around. Naptimes are never long enough!

No comments:

Post a Comment