Life is a bit of a hodgepodge lately.
A little of this and a little of that.
School is wrapping up for Owen which means final review of his year. Field trips, school parties and trying to cram work for his goals in to a few more weeks.
Owen has been a bit out of sorts the last few weeks. We believe he is suffering from sinus infections but his behavior has taken a downward spiral. The good news is he isn't hitting. The bad news is we now have a new trend. Pouting/crying in isolation. If he isn't getting full attention or gets frustrated he runs and hides and cries. I can't get him to tell me what is going on so it is just constant attention is what usually fixes it. A bit exhausting.
But in between that, there is always fun to be had. Case in point, there is a reason why I don't make my bed. Because every time I try, this is what happens...
Olivia has entered the screaming stage. When she doesn't get her way, she screams. When Owen growls at her, she screams. So we are battling her behavior as well. Luckily she listens when I tell her to go in timeout or go to her room. Usually it just takes a few minutes to get her to calm down. These moody stages are fun :)
She continues to amaze us with her wit and comprehension. The latest one this weekend was "That's not fair!". I know that will be the first time of many I will start to hear that from her.
She took quite a liking to Cousin Mallory this weekend. Cuddling together, reading books and just playing. Mallory sure plays well with both kiddos.
It was celebration time this weekend with Grandpa since it was his birthday last week. All the kids were so excited for it to be his birthday. Mostly I think because it means there is cake and they get to help blow out candles.
The school year for college is done. That means Ryan is home from Montana. Guess who is over the moon?
No comments:
Post a Comment