fall13 kids

fall13 kids

Sunday, May 8, 2011

A break in the clouds

What a spring it has been. Rain Rain Snow Rain Cold.
But finally a few good days of warm weather and we took full advantage. Only problem was the kids decided it was also time to get sick. They last about 10 minutes of playing before they get cranky, start crying and fighting. But in between all of that we still managed to have some fun.


Swing. Swing. Swing. It is their favorite things on the new swingset. Mommy higher. Mommy higher. Over and over. Little do they know there is a little therapy going on with the fun. Working on core muscles to stay on that swing AND grasp workouts for Owen. Always working ;)

Before the clouds opened up on Sunday I quickly made it out to the garden center to pick up some plants. We have been very anxious to get started.
Starting out the square foot measuring to get my plants in their right places. I really like this technique. It makes such great use of the small space I have. We are trying a few new things this year to go with the strawberries, tomatoes, peppers and cucumbers. Carrots, onions, broccoli and zucchini. Should be fun to watch them!

I had a few little helpers getting things into the ground. In reality they only helped with one plant each because they were stepping on everything. Fighting with each other and I was trying to beat the rain clouds so I was under a bit of a time crunch.


                                                        Even Oscar decided to help out.

And the final product. A little hard to see the little plants now but you can definitely see how well the strawberry patch is doing!


3 comments:

  1. Zucchini plants get HUMUNGOUS! I hope you only planted 1!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The garden looks good-I hope the weather will stay warm enough!! Sorry the kids are sick!

    Noni

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi again,
    I don't have the right email address for you and I wanted you to know that Bill is in the hospital. I think I have the right one for J, but it he didn't get one, you could email me so I can get back to you.
    Hope the kids are all better, even if it is still raining!
    Noni

    ReplyDelete