fall13 kids

fall13 kids

Monday, February 28, 2011

Rejuvenation + Super dad = Happy mom

Stressful times call for drastic measures. And what a greater way than to drop every responsibility and head to a spa for an extended weekend? It could not have been possible without the generosity of my step mom and dad for the wonderful Christmas gift. And my amazing hubby for playing super dad for three days straight!

Highlights of life at home while I was away:
- Occupational Therapy session
- Physical Therapy session
- Trip to the dr. with both kids since Owen was having a major ear infection draining issue.
- Follow up trip to target to pick up multiple medicines to help his ear.
- Swim time at the Y with both kids on his own - he is brave!
- Host poker night with buddies
- An outing to the zoo
- Meals, cuddles, baths, clean house from top to bottom, get all laundry done, play, play, play
The kids had fun. Jason is a bit tired but I haven't been able to chat with him much since we have just played the tag your it game. I am home and now he is gone to the fabulous state of....Iowa.


Highlights of our trip:
- spa treatments, spa treatments, spa treatments. 4 total, fabulous, relaxing, addicting
- Chocolate chip waffles
- Hikes
- Great views
- spending time with my lovely sister


And this is us. We do it all the time, wear the same/similar outfit without knowing it before hand. We hiked this day and got so many comments from the passerby. It was a little silly as we tried to scope out friends to join our blue team. Good times.
A few events where we people offered to take our picture. One guy actually pushed the button appropriately.

And then there was this guy, see him down there with the walking stick? We were at the top and he offered to take our pic. He didn't actually take one, just acted like he did, oops. So I took a pic of him ;)

We had a good giggle about it an just took a picture on our own. Love our facial expressions in this one> I promise we are sticking our tongues out, or maybe not?

It was wonderful to get away, to just have some me time, I think we all need that from time to time. But I missed my kids. Its just not the same to hear their little voices over the phone. It was nice knowing they were having fun though and getting quality time with their dad.
It's good to be home. It will be even better knowing we are all home together again.

4 comments:

  1. Krista, I loved this post. What a wonderful treat to get to do that with your sister. By the way, my sister and I do the same thing with the accidental matching outfits :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful trip and I know those trips helps appreciate home that much more when you get back to it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! You must have a wonderful husband who is also a super Dad!
    Mom brag time!
    Noni

    ReplyDelete