fall13 kids

fall13 kids

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

juggle, juggle, juggle

There are days when the juggling is too much. Trying to balance a career, a home, 2 small kids who need me 110% of the time, be the best wife, be a supportive sister and make my parents proud is tough.
It's times like this week that I have to remind myself that I am human and just can't possibly make it all work. I can't get Owen to all his therapy appointments. I can't spend as much time to work on things with Owen as we know he needs. I can't always be in the best of moods. I can't always give Olivia all the attention she desires. I just can't. Juggling it all is hard. It's mom guilt, I know
But I can make the most of it. Start to focus on what we can do to make a difference in each others lives.
And what makes it better is to have such a supportive family. They recognize when we need help. Always willing to do whatever it takes. My dad stepped in huge this week. Jason is traveling for a national meeting and I had a last minute meeting that I needed to be at in....Nebraska. One call to my dad and he said no problem he could handle it. Only a few bumps along the way but he did it. Made it through 2 night time routines and a morning dropoff, got a few loads of laundry done, the driveway plowed and the kids loved having him all to themselves.
And I made it through my meetings. Hopefully said and did the right things with all the right people in the room and made it through the treacherous drive to the sole flight out of the airport to get home to my kiddos.
It was a crazy trip and even made it on their local news standing in the airport talking on my phone (they interviewed me but my responses must have been too upbeat for them - they wanted drama, I didn't give them any!)
You can see me for about 2 seconds at the 1:30 mark, lol.
http://www.klkntv.com/global/Category.asp?c=190066&clipId=5525666&topVideoCatNo=148363&autoStart=true

And as we wrap up the week, I will try to keep all the balls in the air but I have a feeling by tomorrow night I will be spent. And ready to have a sense of normalcy back. Unfortunately Jason is gone until the end of the week and I get to do it all over again next week as I travel for work one more time. This time at least I get to go somewhere warm!

I am hopeful the signs of sickness that have been brought on today for owen, olivia and myself are just a fluke. The runny nose, tickle in the throat and hacky cough will all go away tomorrow right? It should just be a 24 hour thing for all 3 of us. One can hope. I will hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment