fall13 kids

fall13 kids

Saturday, February 5, 2011

Build a Buddy

Why do they call it build a bear when they have so many other options than a bear? There are monkeys, and puppies, lady bugs, cats, the list goes on. But we went with the gimmick to build a "bear".

Olivia has become attached with my prized teddy bear that I have had since before I can remember. It was my comfort toy, it even went to college with me. I have a little bit of a hard time just turning it over to her so time to get her her own. I thought the kids would enjoy the experience of building their own.
So off we went on a crazy sunday when the mall was full of people to give them the experience.
It was structured with stations so Owen had some trouble and didn't understand why we were doing what we were doing so we had to literally push him into some of the activity.

They were both pretty confused to be picking out such a deflated animal. Olivia barely wanted to hold hers.

But once they got stuffed, they didn't want to let them go.


I wish Owen would have enjoyed it a little more. But like everything we just deal with it and try and make it work.

They are both now loving their new furry friends. Owen's even turns into a fantastic superhero!

And Olivia's little fairy bear is now joining my teddy bear cuddled up in her bed. (mission not accomplished)

2 comments:

  1. Maybe it is time for you to hide your prized teddy bear :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! I loved this post. I think I enjoy "Build a Bear" more than the kids do!

    ReplyDelete