What makes this even more prevalent is now having Olivia. 3 years younger. But developing right along side him. And at times passing by with such ease. He struggles with counting, can't seem to get it together. He gets 1, 3, 5 and then out of the blue we hear Olivia go straight on to one through ten. It is such a battle within us. To be soo happy and proud of one and yet be a little saddened that the other struggles.
I often feel like I am raising kids that are the same age. Because really that is where they are both at right now. One maturing very quickly. The other starting to gain momentum. But the beauty of it all is they have each other. They have us to cheer them on. They have all of you to show the support to help along this journey. And for that I am grateful.
I try not to post pictures like this - Owen's tongue sticking out - but I could not resist this one.
If I could just zoom out so you could see how there arms are so intertwined working on a project
They make an amazing pair.
Until they start fighting over something... :)
Such a wonderful post Krista!
ReplyDeleteThanks for the post, Krista. You have a wonderful perspective on all this. I think--actually, I know--that I would be completely overwhelmed by all of this.
ReplyDeleteDave D