I started this post a bunch of times, then just kept hitting the backspace key to start over. It is a difficult one to get right, it is hard to come up with the right words to describe what it has been like. To summarize what we have learned, how we have grown, what has changed and the inspiration he brings to us, and still try to tell his story. The times when we are frustrated and sad about certain situations get outnumbered by the joy he brings, by the people he has brought into our lives and especially by him. We are truly blessed to a part of his life.
I think back to five years ago and what a mess I was. Trying to keep it together and understand it all but still also being a mom for the first time. It seems like it was such a blur but I have such vivid memories that will last a lifetime.
Today we celebrate what Owen has become.
He loves to show his love for people. His hugs are the best. He is always in costume even if it is just a t-shirt and sweatpants he is a hero to many. He has the greatest personality and expressions. He is funny. His smile is inspiring. He has no fear (except for a little snow). He strives to learn, even when it is hard, even if we have to keep reminding him to try. He is amazing.
Never did I think we would be where we are now with him. It is a lesson to be learned for us, not to think he will have limitations because he will always beat them.
And here is another montage to wrap up his fifth year. I hope you enjoy it, Owen has watched it about a dozen times telling me about each picture, it really makes putting these things together worth while.
Happy Birthday to Owen!!! WOW, 5 years old!!! And Happy New Year to the Spechts--
ReplyDeletelove, the Petersons