Another year has flown by but we have thoroughly loved every minute of it. Through the ups and downs and crazy schedules we have remembered to pay attention to the little things that make it all worth while. I didn’t get a chance to write a Christmas letter this year or last so I thought at least to do a recap here for anyone interested ;)
After five months of having our house on the market, the house we fell in love with was sold to another buyer and our buyer was offering too little for us. So we decided to stay put for a while. It was a trying few months trying to keep the place spotless with 2 small kids that had no interest in leaving things on shelves and keeping windows clean.
Owen has made big strides this year, he has also had a pretty eventful year. He started the year out with surgery to get his tonsils and adenoids out. That recovery was REALLY hard and will be 2 weeks I will never forget. He has been big into costumes and loves to play with his sister. We enrolled him in his first sport – T-ball, which he struggled with a bit but it was an adventure to say the least. A big change came this fall when we learned he would need hearing aids but it has really been a blessing since he has been doing SO well with them since he got them. He continues to amaze us with his accomplishments, his spirit and his pride in his work. We are all sooo proud of him.
Olivia started the year off still a bit of a baby, not fully walking yet and not talking too much. And she wraps up the year in what seems like has been 3 years in development. She is a smart little girl learning right along side her brother and mastering all the skills he is working on. She loves her brother and also really enjoys helping him. My favorite thing about her is her communication skills and the way her voice gets high when she talks and asks questions.
Jason started a new job this year. We were really struggling having him gone each week and we have seen quite the improvement in travel. It is nice to be a full time family again. He is enjoying the new position and the new opportunities. He keeps himself busy with kid time, video game time and always a house project here and there.
It has been a busy year for me. Dealing with some health issues on top of it all I hope things start to settle down a bit. Still working like crazy but I feel a light at the end of the tunnel is on its way, one can hope! I have been trying to focus on a few fun things this year like learning how to use my SLR camera so that has been a new challenge. I love capturing the special moments that we can cherish for a lifetime. Now just need to figure out how to get the lighting right so the moments don't look so blurry ;)
These really have just been some highlights so it was fun to look back as I reviewed the blog from the last year. It really has been a rollercoaster of a year but I am excited to see what next year brings. New adventures. New friends. New perspectives. Kindergarten: eek!,
Happy Holidays everyone.
Thank you for joining us in the adventure~

Happy Holidays, Specht family!
ReplyDelete