It has been a few "hunker down" weekends lately. With the winter storm and now with two sick kiddos and 1 sick momma we are a bit confined to our home. But this time of year I could not ask for anything better (except for the sicknesses).
We have been keeping ourselves busy digging out of the snow, movies, playtime, rocking out to the Christmas music and lots of snuggles. For everything in between Jason and I have been tag teaming getting the Christmas preparations together. On top of all of that we have a little boy with a birthday just 2 days after Christmas so still trying to figure out how to make his day special amidst all the holiday celebrations.
Owen has been a VERY good student lately. Every single one of his teachers has been noticing huge changes in his participation over the last month. We all assume it has everything to do with the hearing aids! We also met with his team again to go over a new strategy since he now qualifies for deaf and hard of hearing services. So they will go through a round of testing to see where he falls in all the tests at school. We should know more in a few months what all that really means.
I got a nice note from his speech therapist at school this week. I always love hearing when things are going so well.
I just finished working with Owen. I had to write to tell you how exciting it was!!! Owen hardly let me get a word in the entire session!! I made a list of the things he told me about. There were at least 17 things!! Some included Santa Claus, Matt and Molly, Grandpa, presents under the tree, daddy shoveling.... Megan came in to give me something and he continued to tell her things. It was probably my most fun session with Owen yet!!! I am still smiling about the MANY things he talked about and I understood them!
We have been busy with OT and speech homework and we review his "book" everyday after school. Even if that means stopping instantly what you are doing because he wants to do it right then. As seen here as Jason was trying to cook dinner, Owen wanted to go over his book.
No comments:
Post a Comment