Sometimes it feels like everyday is halloween at our house. Not because we have an unlimited supply of candy for people to come knock at our door with a bucket to gather it. But because it seems like at least one of the kids is always wearing a costume.
So when the real deal is here, it is pretty exciting.
We headed out to a local pumpkin patch a few weeks ago to find our perfectly mishapped pumpkins. The wind was crazy but this adventure is always one of memories.
It was so windy the sand was blowing in their faces so they both wanted their hoods up. Good thing because it made for a cute picture!By the end of this adventure, Owen was tired. And somehow talked Olivia into pulling him. She actually did pretty well.
Getting those pumpkins home was the next big adventure. I don't think Owen remembers last year when we carved the pumpkins. And Olivia was just not into it either. So this year was quite fun. They both were super excited to see inside it and help with the dirty work.
Here is the special needs mom in me. As he was doing this, I was thinking, wow this is great OT for him. Olivia would barely get her hands dirty. Each time she got a little gunk on her hand she wanted to go wash them. Finally after a few trips the bathroom, I convinced her it is ok to get her hands dirty. All from the mother who will not reach inside - but don't tell her that!
I had the pleasure of volunteering in Owen's class for their halloween party. It was really the first time I have seen him in action at school. I was nervous how he would do with me there but he actually did pretty well. Here is a shot of them doing the words to one of the songs, each kid picks a spot to say the line for that number chair. Owen did fantastic.
Here is Owen with his buddy Reece. Reece had some green fangs in during the shot, his teeth usually aren't that color, ha ha. Batman and Ironman, 2 fantastic heros.
And finally we have the costumes before the venture out to the neighborhood. I am finding that it is much harder to get girl costumes to be weather proof. The boy costumes are fully clothed and you can stuff lots of layers under that muscle. But she wanted to be a fairy so she got her wish.
My two pumpkins sitting with their pumpkins.
What I love about the stories of them trick or treating is how different they both are. Olivia is all about the candy. Owen is all about saying hi to everyone.
Halloween was a huge success. Now the biggest challenge is getting them to forget about all the candy they collected.
No comments:
Post a Comment