fall13 kids

fall13 kids

Sunday, November 27, 2011

It's the most wonderful time of year...

We have had some really good days lately. We are so thankful for that! I love this time of year for a few reasons. It means lots of birthday celebrations. It means we get to spend extra time together as a family. It is a magical season of family traditions, remembering what is important and putting an extra focus on what you are thankful for.

To start off, I will say I am thankful that behavior treatments are fun.

I am thankful Owen decided to venture out to play in the snow instead of being afraid of it.
Watching him put on those snow pants and step outside was a big moment.

I am thankful we get to experience this season with Olivia. She has such an amazement with the littlest things. It is a daily reminder of what is important.

I am thankful that whatever the occasion, Owen can turn it into a rockstar moment. During our tree decorating time, Owen found a guitar and a little santa that had some arms that were aching to play it.

I am thankful for new holiday traditions.

Our elf on a shelf has been a huge hit. We are supposed to name him but neither wanted the task so this year his name is "elf". Maybe next year they will be a little more creative. I was a bit surprised at how into it Owen is. He keeps talking about this elf and his magic. He talks about him flying for Christmas. The first morning he woke up after we read this story he went downstairs and it was the first thing he did was try to find the elf. He didn't remember it's name so he just came up stairs and he told us he couldn't find the Magic! Olivia is also very into this story and she has been altering her behavior a bit since she knows the elf is watching her and sharing the stories with Santa.

We have so much to be thankful for this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment