fall13 kids

fall13 kids

Thursday, November 17, 2011

one of those weeks

This is one of those weeks where you wonder how much can one be tested!

I had a pain that felt like a VERY bad bladder infection on Saturday morning. A trip to the quick clinic said they saw some signs of an issue but they needed to do a longer test. They gave me some antibiotics and sent me on my way. It felt a little better Saturday night and Sunday but Monday hit and bam it was painful again. The test came back negative so of course it had me worried. But Tuesday I knew exactly what it was since I have already been through 3 kidney stones. Thankfully it passed that morning. Nothing like being pregnant and being in that much pain! Of course Jason was out of town and Owen decided he was going to have trouble sleeping as well. I do not want to make it through another night like that anytime soon!

I had my level 2 US this week as well. I was very excited to find out if it is a boy/girl. But I forgot how stressful those appointments really are. Watching as they spend a little extra time on each little thing and when they go quiet for a bit it always makes me nervous. I kept having to tell myself to breath, everything will be ok! Everything is ok. And now I know if we will welcome a girl or boy. No one else will know but me and that US tech until baby day. Feel free however to try to get Jason to change his mind!


I called Owen's ENT last week to find out if we can get another sleep study. He of course ordered it since we had talked about repeating it every year and we were due. I thought it was time since we need all the solutions for this behavior problem as we can get. We know he doesn't sleep well and we know that affects his behavior. So another study it will be.
After the order was submitted, I got a surprise call from the sleep doctor (sorry I have no idea what their title is!). He called to warn me the next step will not be easy. Ugh. Not really something I wanted to hear but I appreciate that he called to suggest we have a session with him to talk things over. I am hoping he might have some strategies on how to improve Owen's sleeping.

This is what happens when we walk in the door at night. We make it about 5 feet from the door before a complete melt down happens. The trigger is always different. Today it was because he wanted to play Olivia's leapster and I said no.
There are situations like this where we feel like we are all alone in this struggle. Unsure how to strategize and get through these 15+ minutes of torture. Torture for us as parents, torture for Owen and torture for Olivia. But what I appreciate is knowing that we always have someone to turn to. We know there are other families like ours that struggle with this and I know that when I bring Owen to his Therapy sessions (old and new) they are always willing to brainstorm ideas on how go manage this. And then we don't feel so alone anymore. That is what makes us stronger. That is what helps us through and reminds us to keep trying.

I am thankful tomorrow is Friday and Jason is finally home. Now if someone could just figure out how to get our house sold so I don't have to keep it so clean that would be peachy!

3 comments:

  1. OOOOOH. I can't believe we don't get to know!

    Thinking of you through all of your medical issues and struggles. You are all amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was Jill B. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Next time you have an US and Jason is not here I will go with you

    ReplyDelete