I blame the lack of blog posting to my denial of turning 1 more year older. Or I could just say I got a bit busy and by the time I sat down for the night I just couldn't come up with any witty words to express the state of the Specht house. The post may not be witty. But at least you may be caught up on our happenings...
tummy time
I have had a few concerns about Olivia the past few months. I have noticed the way she sits on the floor is always a "W" sit (that is where your feet go behind you with your knees in front of you). I know this is a bad sign because it is something we focused on improving for Owen. It shows a sign of weakness. She is also VERY clumsy and doesn't seem very stable. I was discussing the sitting issue to Rachel (Owen's PT) and she mentioned it may be a problem with her core strength. So that got me thinking about her tummy. When she is laying down and tries to sit up we see a long vertical bulge down her torso. I have mentioned it to your pediatrician before but he thought "it" would go away on it's own. We think that is actually what is now causing the problems. So we are scheduled to get her checked out next month. Hopefully nothing major and something a little extra physical therapy exercises to help. This also explains why she still has the little budha belly as seen below.
harmon killebrew
The miracle league program that Owen is playing in this summer just built a new field in Lakeville that is perfect for kids with like Owen. The field was specially made for this league and named after Harmon Killebrew who had the mission that was to ensure kids with disabilities had a place to play baseball. Owen's team was lucky enough to play in the ceremonial game and he was paired up with the president of the Harmon Killebrew Foundation. How fitting that Owen's jersey number is #3 :) They were a great pair. Owen had a few melt downs but his buddy took it all in stride and tried to keep him engaged.
I had over 100 photos from this event. They saw I had a nice camera so the day before the ceremony they asked me to be the "hired" photographer. It was a little difficult to juggle that, keeping Owen engaged and making sure Olivia was taken care of so I was so thankful my dad, ryan and sister Lisa were in the crowd. Thanks guys, it was so wonderful to have you there supporting Owen. And guess who else was there to support the kiddos???? Too bad I wasn't wearing my #33 jersey. But Owen and Jason both had their #33s on :)
more to come...yes, there is still more.
No comments:
Post a Comment