The concept was great. She was very excited about it. The first day she ran into the room so happy to participate. There was even a little window that she could see me watching her in.
She did GREAT until about 45 minutes in. And that is when the bottom lip came out. She got sad. She wanted her momma. Day 2 was better she lasted 55 minutes before the sadness started.
No matter how much she pouted and how much she participated. I was still proud of her efforts. It was her very first time with an activity and an hour is pretty long.
She brought home a few dance moves to teach Owen. Great form!
Day three was a disaster. She had spent most of the day at the zoo with grandma Kathy and Auntie Anna so she didn't get a nap. She was pouty. We got to dance and she would not let go of me. I kept trying different techniques to try to get her to go in. But she refused.Unfortunately she must have gotten spooked by one of the other girls in the class "Ann" because she kept saying she didn't want to go in because Ann was in class. I asked her teacher and she thought maybe Ann kept poking her with her wand the previous day and Olivia kept saying stop but she wouldn't. So my girl was now afraid. We gave up on day 3.
The final day was their final practice. She was still spooked. Ann was still in class. But she did her best. I promised a treat at the end of dance and she gave it her best attempt. I am glad we tried it.
It has been an interesting week. I had Olivia duty. Dad had Owen duty. It has been a different experience. But still I sat on the other side of the window hoping she would participate and get everything she could out of it.
No comments:
Post a Comment