fall13 kids

fall13 kids

Sunday, April 3, 2011

Spring Time. Garden Time.

I am so anxious to get started with year 2 of our garden. So we started a few things indoors. To get the kids excited, to see some life growing and try a little something different. Olivia enjoyed the "flower store", she picked out the seeds. She found some pots and soil. And away we went.


She had to pick which pot got which seeds. It was a BIG decision!
 And then they started playing with the dirt. Owen wasn't as interested in helping but he was a good participant watching....


Time for some water.
I am really excited for the kids to participate this year in the gardening. Neither one really cooperated last year. They just tried to walk all over everything. But I think I now have a partner. Olivia is very interested and it will be fun to show her how things grow, how take care of them, pick them and then EAT!

I have even found a local community class about gardening that I am excited to take in a few weeks. It is supposed to help with small gardens and how to get the most out of your space. When to plant what when. Should be very useful! Ok. I know, I am a nerd.

1 comment:

  1. That's great!! I'm a little bummed since I think our garden might be a "no go" this year. It's under water right now. :(

    I never thought that the water level down by our pond would ever be this high. Here's hoping it receeds some before May so I can plant again down there!

    ReplyDelete