I was surprised with how well the kids did for the entire week. Jason hasn't been away for a full week in a while so it was worrying me how their behavior would be. They both took it in stride, thank goodness!
The second he walked through the door (really) on Friday afternoon they begged him to sit and be intheir band. I had been the singer while he was away and I think they were looking for someone else to take my spot.
We appreciate daddy being home.
Owen
The last few weeks have been going really well for him. His behavior has improved noticeably. We are still trying to figure out what it was that made things improve. I can't say we don't still have our moments. But I can say they aren't happening every 5 minutes. Crossing our fingers we are on to a new phase.
1. We love his new nickname for Olivia = Liv
2. We love that he loves school. He came home 2 weeks ago with pictures of his classmates and named 4 of them all on his own. Pretty impressive after just being in school for a few weeks.
3. We love his creativeness with his costumes.
4. Our homework with him has been really fun the last few days. Lots of acting like puppies, making tunnels and being goofy together.
Olivia
This little girl of mine is really something special. The way she is growing and learning is simply amazing to watch. I feel like she ages so much each day and my little girl is long gone. But she still likes a good cuddle with her mom and loves her blankie
1. We appreciate that she has figured out that if 1 parent says no, just ask the other one. Yes Olivia, we have caught on to you!
2. We love how she loves all things "pretty". Painted toes, painted fingers, braids in her hair.
3. We love the way you ask us to sing you songs at night before bed. You sing the first few words and then ask us to switch. You've also got your abc's down pat!
4. We appreciate your favorite phrase but would like you to choose something else. "I don't want it"
No comments:
Post a Comment