fall13 kids

fall13 kids

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Nios micro

A new brand to get familiar with....Phonak Nios Micro.
That is the type of hearing aid we are getting for Owen. Today was the day we went for the fitting and consultation. It is a relief to know and feel like we are in good hands. I was a little concerned with this process. That there would be lots of research to do and lots of "shopping" around to find the best for Owen. But we have put our faith in the Univ of MN and they have been nothing but perfect in their service.
We have known the audiologists there forever. They work so well with Owen and I am thankful we are sticking with them; even if there is a bit of a hassle to get there. I called to set up our first appointment but they couldn't get us in until late November. It took one email to his audiologist and she "squeezed" us in within a week.

And here they are. They are tiny little things that sit on the back of his ear. We didn't opt for a boring beige color either. We went all out and got the zebra pattern. Why not make it fun, right? I hope I don't regret that decision since we can't get a new set for 3 years!

Another adventure that I was so worried about starting. But what makes it that much easier is to know and feel like we are not alone. Everyone that has been down this path has been willing to give us their best advice. And those that just didn't have experience with it took the time to look into it, to send encouraging words of support and to just let us know "everything will be ok".

And that is what gets us through each day. The love and support of our wonderful family and friends.

We should have the hearing aids made and ready for wear by October 29th. We cross our fingers that he tolerates them but they did warn us that he may go through a period of adjustment and will fight them a little bit. I guess we can handle a little fighting. We do that now anyway ;)

And what better to add with a post about hearing, is to now have music playing while you read our updates. Hope you like the song selections!

No comments:

Post a Comment