There are so many great things to report about Owen's school experience.
He is settling into his routine. Still coming home tired but getting better and better with his behavior when we walk through the door at home.
I still get daily reports from his teacher and his para. They are both amazing and I can tell by their words that Owen is quickly stealing their hearts.
Not only is Owen stealing his teachers hearts but he is making friends in his kindergarten class. I ask his teachers to let me know who he plays with each day so I can be sure to mention those names to Owen. Just about every day I get the report that he played with Reece. I also get some notes about how he is with some of the girls. One day he pulled out a chair for a girl. Another day one girl said hello to him and he smiled turned and said "cute". And he is building a special relationship with a girl named Olivia.
Throughout the day he is pulled out of class to work on his goals. Each day his schedule is a little different and sometimes he misses an activity in the kindergarten class. His teacher doesn't miss a beat, she makes sure to send the project home so Owen still gets the opportunity to participate. It means a little more work for us at home but I actually really enjoy getting to experience that with Owen.
We not only get lots of reports, but we also get to see pictures of him throughout the day.
I could go on and on about how well things are going. The stories we get always make us smile. We are so proud of Owen. I know he is making the best of this experience and working hard.
We count our blessings every day that we were given this experience and Owen is in the place he is. We know of so many others who are struggling to get what their children need. They have to fight for everything.
And here we are fighting back tears of joy for Owen. We are so lucky.
No comments:
Post a Comment