fall13 kids

fall13 kids

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Transition Time

Although she wasn't trying to climb out, we thought it might be time to move Olivia out of her crib and into a big girl bed. What better timing then when we were home for 10 days to give it a shot. And even better had 3 sleepless nights in a row because she was sick and just wanted to lay with us, we made the switch. I don't know why but moving my baby girl out of a crib seemed like a big deal. She isn't my baby anymore and now she just seems so much more grown up.
She handled the transition like she does everything else. A complete mastery of it instantly. She stays in it when she knows its bed time or nap time and waits for us to come get her. She loves to have a special pillow and new fairy blanket. She even lets her brother climb up into the top bunk and they pretend to have sleep overs. Yes there have been a few pushes off the ladder but I guess that comes with the territory.
Thank you Ikea for providing such inexpensive durable furniture!

1 comment:

  1. I marvel every time I read about how someone's child just stayed in their toddler beds after getting moved out of their cribs. I am 0/4 on that. The boys immediately got out and hopped in bed with each other and tried to team up and pull down their curtains. Henry just thought I was crazy, I think, and Aslynn...well...

    She looks so cute and grown up. I didn't transition Henry out of the crib until he was three and I still couldn't believe I was letting my 'baby' out of the crib. :)

    Yes, Ikea bunks rock! That's what the boys have. And it sort of doubles as a jungle gym at times. Henry was just telling me today, "Remember when I was pretending to be a Spider Monkey and I fell off the bed and landed on the floor?"
    Yes, and that was after he was supposed to have been tucked into his bed in the other room! :)

    ReplyDelete