fall13 kids

fall13 kids

Sunday, January 9, 2011

Catch up

Trying to catch up on things has been like stepping into a huge pile of quicksand around here. The kids just can not seem to get healthy. And when the kids aren't healthy they want nothing more than to snuggle, be carried, and let me get nothing accomplished. Don't get me wrong, I love the snuggles but snuggles with crabby fighting children is not my idea of the best time...
Olivia took the brunt of it and has not been her chipper self.
I giggle every time I see this picture. It is totally her mood lately. And just about anything Owen does triggers it. And her lovely hair is what we see every morning when we go into her room to greet her.

After another trip to the dr. we are now on our second round of antibiotics for her with a diagnosis of upper respiratory infection and sinus infection. Today has been her best day so I hope that is a sign that we are finally over this hump. It has been going on since November. I have tried all the remedies to help her cough. From a spoonful of honey to vicks vapor rub on her feet. Steam bathrooms, humidifiers, cold air - we tried it all.
And then Owen picked up the germs and had the high fever, terrible cough and a nose that is so full of gunk we had a hard time finding his nose. So they gave him the same diagnosis and a round of antibiotics to kick the nastiness away. They have been whiny and angry and have wanted nothing to do with each other. But today they played. They giggled. They are starting to get healthy.


And maybe this week I will get to post about the little adventure we took for Owen's birthday....

1 comment:

  1. The poor kiddos! Love the photo of Olivia. Aslynn had the same jammies (and often the same scowl on her face)!
    I know what you mean. Our stomach bug has gone on for three weeks, passing through the whole family. I think today is the end. But, I'm not betting on anything. The boys will finally be back in school and I have a list a mile long of errands to run since I haven't been able to get out of the house.
    I'm sure we'll move on to the next virus soon. Our immunity to American germs doesn't exist anymore!
    Hope you get healthy and enjoy more happy moments this week like in that last photo.

    ReplyDelete