It is school time. Time to start seeing activities sent home from school to work on as a family. I just never would have expected homework like this....
Spend 2 minutes on all 4s.
Spend 5 minutes crawling.
Assist with dressing activity. socks, shoes, pants, shirt
Color or draw on a vertical surface.
But it is our task to try and accomplish these things every day.
And guess who assigned this? His occupational therapist (private, not school based).
I am excited for the challenge. OT is an area Owen really struggles since he is pretty low tone in some areas it makes fine motor skills VERY difficult. Did you know you can't work on your hand strength without first working on your shoulders and upper body? And it is really hard to do coloring, writing, drawing types of activities without that.
Maybe it is time to invest in some knee pads? I have a feeling I will be doing quite a bit of crawling to get Owen to participate ;)
Get your knee pads! :) I've burned many holes in the knees of my jeans just playing with the kids over the past 5 years.
ReplyDeleteGood times though!
Have fun!