fall13 kids

fall13 kids

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Back to school

Here we go with another year of preschool. New teachers, same program. Two days in the preschool room, two days in the special ed room. I like this program because it gives Owen the best of both worlds. We didn't end up getting any of our previous teachers (I was a bit bummed about this). So we start the adventure with a new team. But Owen still gets high fives and hugs from his past favorites in the halls and we will continue to bring more supporters into our circle.
The meet the teacher session didn't go very well so I hope it isn't a view into what the year will be like. None of the teachers talked with Owen, introduced themselves or made any sort of contact. The format was funky and not a good use of time. But I will keep an open mind. I did meet with his special ed teacher individually and I felt better with her the second time we met. I am going to plan some "observation sessions" to see how things are going.

One of the reasons I was happy we didn't move was I would lose my height tracker for Owen! I have him stand in front of this door on each of his first days of school...

2008

2009

2010

So far both his teachers have been in contact with me after just 3 days. I appreciate that and I hope to see that continue. Owen seems happy when I ask him about school but that is all I can go on at this point.
The first week is mostly introductory to get them used to the routine and try to get to know each other but they sent this note home on his first day.
"Owen had a great first day. He was so happy and participated nicely in circle time activities and table time. During play time he joined two others in housekeeping and played together."



No comments:

Post a Comment