We go to local fairs.
For the food. Yay POUTINE!
For the animals. For the rides. For the pure enjoyment of spending the day together.
Jason & Auntie Erin spent Thursday at the Carver county fair last week. I was pretty jealous to miss out on the fun but some people have to work ;)
We wrap up our baseball season with a picnic with our friends.
Each child received a medal/trophy. Owen LOVES it. And I LOVE this league.
(that is Owen's coach in the picture)
We go to the ZOOOOOO.
Como zoo is fantastic. The animals they have are quite a variety and it is nice that it is so different from the MN Zoo. It has taken a few years but both kids are really enjoying the zoos now. Owen likes to watch the animals. Olivia likes to say hi to them. This time their favorite was the Buffalo. I know weird.We also spent quite a bit of time with the "reindeer" as Owen tried to look for Christmas (aka. Santa).
We go to Como Town.
Rides. Rides. Rides. My kids are ride junkies. They managed a new one all on their own this time. Tea cups. Anyone else notice the therapy Owen is getting out of this ride? Upper body strengthening!
Some not so fun happenings....and thankfully no pictures to go along with it.
Olivia had a terrible virus on Friday night and Saturday. She was throwing up for over 5 hours and finally got a break around 2am with some relief. I have never seen her sick like that. But she handled it so well. She was brave and very understanding. Saturday morning she woke up with a 104 temp and spent the remainder of the day on the couch. Finally by Sunday she was doing better.
It is interesting how those experiences can teach new concepts. When she was laying on the couch, I asked her a few times if she needed anything. Her response were things that were very random. "my red scissors", "my Dora purse", "my hair cut". I don't think she understood why I was asking her. But now she keeps asking me if I need anything. So sweet.
No comments:
Post a Comment