fall13 kids

fall13 kids

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Articulation

It was a big step when Owen's speech therapist Anne told us we were at the step of working on articulation. It meant he had lots of words he was saying. He was doing phrasing. Since that day we have worked on 1 sound. We focused on just one so we could isolate our teaching. After a year and a half I am so proud to report he got it. As early as 2 weeks ago he was still struggling with it.

So as I have been reviewing iPad apps and looking for learning tools. I invested in ArticPix because Owen responded so well to it. They have all sorts of "deck" for every sound. You can make the focus for the beginning of the word, the end or the middle. I downloaded the M deck yesterday. Put it in Owen's lap and the result...perfect M articulation in every position of each word.

Anne, this is for you!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment