fall13 kids

fall13 kids

Thursday, November 4, 2010

A new phase

I often wondered if we would ever get past the constant fighting stage. And then one day they decided they could be in the same room with each other without everything being a battle. So we take this stage in baby steps as they get to know each others boundaries.
I love the days when they make little activities to do all on their own and they can play so nicely without adult intervention. One of the favorites lately is to lay on the steps covered in their blankies.

One of the best parts of watching them is their affection towards each other. They ask each other for hugs. If one is hurt or sad the other tries to comfort.

And then we get into the category of "big sister" for big brother. I have noticed lately on certain occasions Olivia doing things to help her big brother. The first time it caught me off guard. I wasn't expecting to see it so soon. But there it was. She was carrying his toy chair to the couch for him and says "Here you go Owen". It's probably just one of those simple things of kids helping kids. But it really hit me that this role shift will become more and more apparent as time goes on. But I know she will be a great helper for her brother. She's only 2 and does it with great pride.

No comments:

Post a Comment