fall13 kids

fall13 kids

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Birthday Girl

4 going on 14.
She is wise beyond her years and has been so excited for her birthday this year. Not because of the cake, party and presents but because it meant she was going to be older. Really who wants that?
This girl...
She wants to grow up and be like mom. She wants to be 5 so she can chew gum. She wants to go to the big school with Owen.
I want her to stay in this moment. She is fun, cute, sensitive, smart, sweet and just a joy to be around (most of the time).
Her favorites include donuts with sprinkles, chocolate milk, stuffed animals, purple sprakly dresses, clothes with patterns, mismatched socks, shoes, shoes, shoes, pretty nails, homework, making bead bracelets, going shopping with mom, being with mom. I have to admit we are quite a pair - she loves to tell me "Mom I have a secret - You are the best mom in the whole world, forever". Melt.my.heart.
I need to start writing down the funny things she says because they are certainly priceless.

For her birthday she asked for a Purple Barbie Princess & Popstar cake - with polka dots.
So how can the best mom in the whole world, forever - turn that request down?

We also ventured to the build-a-bear shop for a party with some of her friends. She was excited to have her friends together. It was a fun set up for them to make their bears together. I did ask her if she wanted Owen to be included since he would be the "only boy" and she said "um, yes because he gives the best hugs".


Can't believe she is 4. It seems like yesterday she was cooing and learning to sit just like Zoey is now. It goes quick. Too quick. Enjoying each day. Praying our next set of results in December are going to be just fine. Excited for what the age of 4 will bring.

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to Olivia! If you get that "live in the moment" thing figured out with her, let me know. Maria is the same way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, Happy Birthday to Olivia! I love age four. I think I've heard it called, "Holiday Prime," since it's the peak of excitement for all of the celebrations (though I haven't seen in die out in my nearly ten-year-old yet!).
    Melt my heart with her wanting her brother to be there because he gives the best hugs. :)

    ReplyDelete