We make decisions for ourselves.
We make decisions for our kids.
We make decisions for our family.
I find lately that all I do is worry about balance.
First grade has brought on new challenges and new adventures. We will always focus on Owen's goals but we also want him to be part of his class. This definitely causes conflict to figure out how to adapt to the different levels.
Are we pushing too hard? Are we trying to cram too much in? If I take the cues from Owen on a daily basis, the answer is yes. It is all too much. But how will he grow, how will he learn, how will he succeed? We have to push. Thankfully at the end of the day he still tells us he loves us. We can get him to smile no matter how upset he is with the routine he has.
The first few weeks of school are hard. It is hard to find the right adjustments to make it all fit together. It is hard for him to understand all the change. Add on top of that there is therapy after school, being sick and homework.
But I know he is excelling in school. He is happy there. He has wonderful teachers helping him through the challenges and also trying to find the right balance for him. It may just be 1st grade for some but for us it is more. It is a bigger challenge to balance.


No comments:
Post a Comment