fall13 kids

fall13 kids

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

one month down, one month to go

Zoey is officially one month old. The days are long but the weeks are fast. Too fast, it feels like she just came home. She has decided to be our most high maintenance baby. Teaching us that we can't have all easy babies. During the day she is an angel, peaceful, engaging, lovely. But 7-8pm rolls around and she lets us know she really needs us. Colic has arrived. I will be thankful when this phase is over and I can sit down for a relaxing evening after the older 2 go to bed. Her cries are heartbreaking and we try everything to soothe her. She usually calms down around 11pm. But some nights it just doesn't end. We have even resorted to strapping her into the car seat and going for a ride late at night.
I will say though even though it seems like we will never get to bed for the night, she is the most precious thing that it is hard to be frustrated with this face.

We are one month away from our move in date! The house is coming along nicely. This pic is a few weeks old so they have since put all the siding and front finishes on. The inside has been painted and starting to look like a home inside. I am anxious to see the finishes to see all our selections together. Hopefully we made some good decisions! The kids got to take a peak inside this weekend. Olivia is VERY excited and keeps asking if we can go back. Owen is confused at what is going on :)


Sorry for the lack of blog updates. Finding time to get to the computer with more than one hand available has been scarce.

2 comments:

  1. Glad to see an update! I have so many comments because I have lived through an extremely high maintenance baby (aka Aslynn). I think I will have to email you. As you may have noticed, we did survive. :) However, she does still like to stay up until all hours of the night. I saw her little 'to do' list she wrote for herself on her desk. She wrote, "Try to get to bed by 9pm on school nights and 1am on weekends." Sigh.

    She is a doll.

    I forgot to tell you that I was surprised when you chose her name and it didn't start with an O. Although, I was trying to rack my brain for the last 9 months and didn't come up with any great options since you chose two of the best O names out there already! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for the update-it's a little hard to do this with a broken right arm,but i was so pleased with the update that i had to.
    could you put owen's sixth collage on here? i heard it's on Facebook -would like to see it
    thanks,noni

    ReplyDelete