fall13 kids

fall13 kids

Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year!

This is my year to get caught up [who am I kidding baby #3 will be here in 3 months], well I will try to start off the year with a blog to catch up on our happenings!

Gymnastics, Gymnastics, and more Gymnastics
The kids are still enjoying their Saturday mornings in Gymnastics. I have seen great improvement in Olivia's balance and Owen's strength in the last few months and I know it has a lot to do with the things they work on each Saturday.

They've been loving it so much we hosted Owen's birthday party at the Gym. It was lots of fun and even some of the adults got to join in on the jumps into the pit.

Ho, Ho, Ho, It's Christmas time
Olivia's preschool had a christmas program at a church near by. I had no idea it was coming so we hadn't practiced anything with her. But she was brave and stood up front, looking a little shy but no tears. I was so proud of her attempt. They sang some songs and she just stared. It was a great first experience for her.
Thankfully we have and nice weather so my mom was able to come up for a weekend to celebrate christmas this year. We had a great time spending the day together as a family. And the kids of course loved opening presents and playing with all their new things.


Owen got a castle from grandma and grandpa. He was in love.

A christmas eve dinner party at my dads. And Olivia doing her typical pout face. 

Missing one little dude for this picture but it would have been a bit tough to get him to participate.

Christmas morning. It was early but they were both excited to see what Santa brought. No lumps of coal. But a few things to make them happy. This was the first year Jason and I could actually sit back and watch them open their gifts. The gasps were priceless.

After our quick gift opening we headed back to Shoreview for the final christmas gift exchange at my dad's house. It would not have been complete without a visit from a dog dressed as a reindeer of course.
Two happy kiddos.
I love that Owen loves his books so much. We had to convince him to open the rest of this presents after he unwrapped these books. He was completely satisfied taking a break and reading for a while.
 
We've had a few more birthday celebrations for Owen. Including a trip to the MOA on his birthday for an adventure on the rides, a lunch at Rainforest cafe and a visit to build-a-bear to make his day a little extra special.
 
To top off the week Owen had another playdate with a buddy from school. Barrett came over to play and Owen was OVER the moon excited. They played great together and lots of hugs as they said goodbye.

What do you do when you turn 6? Start losing your teeth of course!
He has had 2 wiggly teeth on top. The darn black one and the one right next to it. He woke up on Thursday and I noticed the "white loose" one was out of place a bit. I knew it wouldn't be long. Dad and Owen were goofing around a little to much in the afternoon and Owen got kicked in the mouth. A little blood later and Owen reached in his mouth and just yanked the tooth right out. I was so hoping it would have been the black one to go first! He has 2 more on the bottom going through the same situation. Soon he will be a little toothless monster!

Olivia has been terrified that her teeth are going to fall out.
She asks just about every day if her teeth are going to fall out today.
Having Owen's fall out right in front of her has not helped ease her fears!
 
A few other things to sum up our past few months...
  • ENT and Audiology followups for Owen. Hearing tests were the same as last year so no changes there, yay!
  • Jason decided it was time to splurge and upgrade my DSLR camera and got me a Canon 60D for christmas. I am one lucky girl! Unfortunately Olivia's foot has already come in contact with it and it now has a broken screen - I guess I am not so lucky - but it should be fixed soon.
  • I am now officially 25 weeks pregnant! This pregnancy is going ok. My history of contractions are already repeating themselves but I know what to worry about now and just need to slow down a bit.
  • Our journey with the CPAP machine starts tomorrow. Fun - no.
  • Olivia's favorite phrase, "Are you happy with me?" I guess she thinks she gets in trouble a little too often.
  • Still haven't sold the house. Lots of interest just no offers yet. It only takes on though right?! They better hurry up this baby will be here soon!

2 comments:

  1. Great to hear some updates.
    I still can't believe we have to wait to find out boy/girl. It hasn't slipped out at all? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for all the pictures and the wrap-up of the year! So-o-o glad to hear that you are doing ok!!

    ReplyDelete